March Reading Wrap-Up

 
Hello everyone and welcome to Book Lady's Reviews! It's already April, which means that we're here today for a March wrap-up post, in which I'll briefly talk about the books I read throughout the month and whether I enjoyed them or not! March flew by so fast and I seriously cannot believe that it's almost Easter already...I mean, where has the time gone by?

Where reading is concerned, March was an amazing month for me, considering that I managed to read seven books, which is the most I've personally read in a month since 2021, I believe. Crazy, right? One of these was a DNF, but I included it here and reviewed it last week on my blog since I got more than halfway through the plot before giving up!

Make sure to comment down below and let me know what books you read during March and whether you'd recommend them or not!
*Life's Too Short by Abby Jimenez
March 1st-3rd
Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

I read the The Friend Zone and The Happy Ever After Playlist years ago, but really enjoyed them and came across this one on Awesome Books for a ridiculously low price so naturally, I had to buy it! Best decision ever! Definitely my favorite out of the three, I devoured it as you can probably tell by that five-star rating! It was fun to read but, at the same time, heartbreaking. Every single thing, from the writing to the character development just hit the jackpot for me!
I cannot recommend this one enough!

*A Lady's Guide to Scandal by Sophie Irwin
March 7th-10th
Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐

I've had A Lady's Guide to Fortune-Hunting on my list for a while but never got around to reading it, so imagine my surprise when I found its companion on Edelweiss and could download it right away...Simple as that! I've already posted my review, even though the book itself comes out in June and the only thing I can say is read it! Definitely read it, especially if you enjoy fun, Historical Romances! 

*The Starlet Letter by Julie Mathison
DNF
Rating: ⭐⭐

I only feel comfortable rating and reviewing this because I managed to go beyond the halfway point. This was obviously not for me and I struggled for more than a week before giving up. A Historical Mystery that had an interesting premise but fell short in most areas, including character development and plot, The Starlet Letter was a disappointment to say the least. I was really looking forward to it and my review has been posted already!

*An Unexpected Peril (Veronica Speedwell #6) by Deanna Raybourn
March 18th-20th
Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

One of my favorite series, this is actually a reread since I just got my hands on the seventh book and cannot wait to read it! I've talked enough about this series over the course of the past couple of years, so please read it! If you're a sucker for Historical Mysteries, just pick up the Veronica Speedwell series...I promise you won't regret it!

*Legendborn (Legendborn #1) by Tracy Deonn
March 6th-25th
Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

It seriously took me so long to finish this because I couldn't find it in me to keep on reading due to the overwhelming emotions the story made me experience at all times! I still haven't written a review because I seriously cannot put my thoughts in order when it comes to Legendborn. Very rarely have I experience this feeling of a story becoming so real in my head that I just couldn't find it in me to basically reach its ending. Does that make sense? I loved this book, it exceeded my expectations and I still cannot get enough of it! Hopefully, I'll be able to write things down in a coherent way soon, so that I can share my thoughts on it with you!

*The Dangers of Smoking in Bed by Mariana Enriquez
March 26th
Rating: ⭐⭐⭐

I don't usually go for short stories but this caught my eye when I was browsing through the titles available at my bookstore a while back and after finishing Legendborn, I needed something short and I just picked it up without thinking too much about it...I'm a mood reader so that's saying a lot! It was quite easy to become immersed in it, the allusions to various sociopolitical issues through a more unsettling approach was fascinating to read and I really enjoyed most of the stories. If you're looking for something meaningful that appears unconventional through the author's use of the macabre in exploring it, this is definitely for you! Really worth reading!

*A Taste of Italian Sunshine by Leonie Mack
March 21st-31st
Rating: ⭐⭐⭐

This one comes out in May and I was fortunate enough to received an advanced copy of it through Netgalley! Overall, I really enjoyed it after suffering through the slow and agonizing beginning, which seriously made me question whether I wanted to keep on reading it or not! Apart from that, it was quite delightful and made me fall in love with Italy all over again, since if I could live anywhere in the world, that would be Italy without a doubt! It was fun and light to read, the character development was quite interesting to witness and I would definitely recommend it if you're looking for something that is easy, but enjoyable to read!

That was it for the books I managed to read in March! I hope you found this post useful! Don't forget to let me know if you've read any of them already!

Until the next post,



Comments