Stacking the Shelves: ''Oops, I did it again'' Edition

Hello fellow readers and welcome to another Stacking the Shelves post. I intended to post this withing the weekend, but these past few weeks have been so hectic that I've had no time to schedule any of the posts I had in mind for the month. I have an exam tomorrow -last one to get my degree- and I'm so stressed because me and Phonology have never gotten along. Fingers crossed the professor will be more than understanding and I'll officially be a graduate before the summer is over. For now, here are some of the books I got my hands on since my last Stacking the Shelves!

Make sure to let me know if you've read any of these and comment down below with the new additions to your shelves!


*A Study in Scarlet Women {Lady Sherlock #1} By Sherry Thomas
Publication Date: October 2016
Genres: Historical Fiction, Mystery

I've lost count of how many years I've waited to get my hands on this one! If you've followed me for a while, you'll be more than aware of my love for Historical Mysteries! The fact that this is a Sherlock Holmes retelling is just the icing on the cake!

*The Anatomist's Wife {Lady Darby Mysteries #1} By Anna Lee Huber
Publication Date: November 2012
Genres: Historical Fiction, Mystery

This one popped up on the recommended section on Goodreads  when I added A Study in Scarlet Women to my cart, so I just had to give it a go. Definitely sounds like my cup of tea!

*For the Love of Mike {Molly Murphy #3} By Rhys Bowen
Publication Date: November 2004
Genres: Historical Fiction, Mystery

I've talked about the newfound love I recently acquired in the pages of this series, so I obviously had to pick up the third book, since I read the second one last month. I'm currently reading For the Love of Mike and the flow is seriously unbelievable. I just started it today and haven't been able to stop!

*The Poisonous Seed {Frances Doughty #1} By Linda Stratmann
Publication Date: May 2012
Genres: Historical Fiction, Mystery

I found this while searching for some Cozy Mysteries on Awesome Books and it sounded like something my mystery obsessed self would enjoy, so I obviously had to pick it up!
 *Looking Glass {The Chronicles of Alice} By Christina Henry
Publication Date: April 2020
Genres: Horror, Fantasy, Retelling

I'e talked about my love for Christina Henry in the past and the way her writing is unlike anything I've come across before! This is her newest release and it's basically a collection of novellas that take place in the Alice universe, which I cannot recommend enough!

*The Ashes of London {Marwood and Lovett #1} By Andrew Taylor

Publication Date: April 2016
Genres: Historical Fiction, Mystery

I discovered this at the bookstore and it piqued my interest because, apparently, it's a New York Times Bestseller and I'd never heard of it before. Perfect timing, since I found it at a second hand bookstore in perfect condition a couple of days later, for a fraction of the price!

*The Unabridged Journals of Sylvia Plath
Publication Date: April 2000
Genres: Autobiography

I came across an excerpt from this one somewhere on the book community -a blog or a post, it doesn't matter- and I just had to get it, even though it's 700 pages long and I don't have a second to spare, in order to even consider reading it. Oh well, soon! Sylvia Plath and Virginia Woolf have always fascinated me, so I'm definitely going to get around reading this one soon.

That was it for today's Stacking the Shelves guys! I have more books coming, so stay tuned for the next one! I will also post a reading update tomorrow.

Until then,

Comments