Most Anticipated Book Releases - May Edition!

Hello guys and welcome to May's most anticipate releases! These are some of my favorite posts to put together, even though I've fallen a bit behind lately! Thought I'd pick up exactly from where I left off and start scheduling them again! Make sure to let me know if you plan on reading any of the books featured in today's post and, of course, comment down below with your most anticipated book release!
*By the Book By Amanda Sellet
Publication Date: May 12th
Genres: Young Adult, Contemporary, Romance

I'm not entirely sure, but I think this one is a debut novel, which sounds quite fun and entertaining for someone looking for a light Contemporary read! The main character sounds more than interesting, since she starts compiling the ''Scoundrel Survival Guide'', which consists of the literary types to avoid at all costs, and of course applies to real life people she's encouraging girls in her school to stay away from. Sounds like my cup of tea!

*The Trouble With Hating You By Sajni Patel
Publication Date: May 12
Genres: Adult, Contemporary, Romance

The title is what drew me into including this one, since it sounds like the perfect summer read! It is another debut novel about a woman whose parents basically set her up with someone, but she leaves him hanging, just to discover that he's the lawyer who's supposed to save her struggling company. Another light read, perfect for escaping from the uncertainty of today, I would say. 

*Last Girls By Demetra Brodsky
Publication Date: May 5th
Genres: Young Adult, Contemporary

I read the author's debut novel -Dive Smack- a couple of years ago and really enjoyed it, so I was more than happy to discover that she's coming out with a new book! Its synopsis is pretty vague, but it's what drew me to it in the first place! It sounds quite intriguing, actually, and I'm more than interested in picking it up sooner, rather than later.
*Four Days of You and Me By Miranda Kenneally
Publication Date: May 5th
Genres: Young Adult, Contemporary, Romance

I was really excited when I came across this one, because I've read some of Miranda Kenneally's books some time ago and really enjoyed them. They weren't perfect, but they were light and fun to read, so I'm hoping that this one will follow in their footsteps. She has a very uncomplicated way of writing, which is a very positive thing when you're looking for a book to get your mind off of things and focus on something that doesn't actually require you to think too hard.

*The Thing About Alice By Jean-Luke Swanepoel
Publication Date: May 21st
Genres: Contemporary Women's Fiction

This is described as a ''study in character no reader will easily forget'', which alludes to a major character development, if you ask me. The setting isn't clear in the synopsis, neither is the actual plot, which I find fascinating because I was more than confused while reading it. Definitely a novel I'd be very interested in reading at the right time!
*Someday in Paris By Olivia Lara
Publication Date: May 14th
Genres: Romance

A love story about star-crossed lovers? Yes please! This one is set in the 1950's and follows the story of two lovers who fall for each other again and again, over the course of twenty years. It sounds kind of nostalgic and bittersweet, which I'm all up for to be honest! And let's not forget about that dreamy cover!
*Felix Ever After By Kacen Callender
Publication Date: May 5th
Genres: Young Adult, Contemporary

This is an LGBT+ novel, in which the main character receives transphobic messages, after pictures of his transition are leaked online, and he decides to come up with a plan for revenge. The story itself deals with a very sensitive subject and I'd really like to see how it is portrayed through a character with complicated feelings, who's trying to figure out who he truly is.

*Something to Talk About By Meryl Wilsner
Publication Date: May 26th
Genres: Adult, Contemporary, Romance 

This is probably the one I'm most excited for, since it sounds unlike anything I've ever read, and I've read a lot of things people! I definitely encourage you to read its synopsis, in order to fully understand my enthusiasm, because anything I say about its plot will definitely not do it justice.

*The Henna Wars By Adiba Jaigirdar
Publication Date: May 12th
Genres: Young Adult, Contemporary, Romance

Another LGBT+ novel, this one follows Nishat who is Muslim and comes out to her parents, who tell her to ''be anyone she wants, as long as she's not herself'''. Another book about self-discovery and trying to find out where you belong in a world that is telling you how to be.
*The Betrothed {The Betrothed #1} By Kiera Cass
Publication Date: May 5th
Genres: Young Adult, Fantasy

I'm pretty sure that this book has nothing to do with The Selection, but I'm getting a certain kind of vibe from the cover that leads me to believe so, which goes to say that it might've been better if they went for something original, instead of following the same pattern and creating something that alludes to the author's previous series. But, nonetheless, even though I'm not going to be picking this one up any time soon, I thought some of you might be interested in it and decided to add it here!
*The Boy In the Red Dress By Kristin Lambert
Publication Date: May 12th
Genres: Historical Fiction, Mystery

This one had me at ''A Gentleman's Guide to Vice and Virtue meets Miss Fisher's Murder Mystery''... I don't care about the first one to be honest because I don't plan on reading it, but Miss Fisher is my spirit animal, an all time favorite series that I don't think I've mentioned in the past! NOTE TO SELF: schedule a Historical Mystery recommendations post!

*Forged in Fire and Stars By Andrea Robertson
Publication Date: May 5th
Genres: Young Adult, Fantasy

The blurb of this one says that it's perfect for fans of Shadow and Bone, as well as An Ember in the Ashes, which makes it the Fantasy novel we've been waiting for! Andrea Robertson is actually Andrea Cremer, who wrote the Nightshade series, which I've read and immensely enjoyed, so I'm really excited for her newest novel!
*The Kingdom of Liars {The Legacy of the Mercenary Kings #1} By Nick Martell
Publication Date: May 5th
Genres: Adult, Fantasy

This is a debut Fantasy novel that follows a boy who performs crimes in his friends in order to survive in a world where, apparently, memory pays for magic. Doesn't it sound really intriguing? I'm more than interested in picking it up and discovering the world hidden in its pages!

*Of Silver and Shadow By Jennifer Gruenke
Publication Date: May 26th
Genres: Young Adult, Fantasy

Another Fantasy novel where magic has been outlawed and the main character becomes a thief in order to survive. See a pattern here folks? Regardless of the very predictable tropes though, I'm a sucker for forbidden magic and rebellion so, I'd really like to get my hands on this little gem as well!

*House of Dragons {House of Dragons #1} By Jessica Cluess
Publication Date: May 12th
Genres: Young Adult, Fantasy

This one kind of screams Game of Thrones to me, which I'm not particularly a fond of, but would be willing to read because it sounds good. I might sound a bit bitter, but while I was going through the titles I wanted to include in this post, I didn't really read the synopsis of this one and now that I'm doing so, while putting it together at the same time, it just screams of something I've seen and read countless times in the past. I'm giving it the benefit of the doubt though because the synopsis is quite fascinating!

That was it for today's post guys! Hope you found it helpful and have added even more books to your TBR lists! Let me know which book you're anticipating the release of and I might have not included in the post! And stay tuned for a really exciting Saturday special!

Until the next post,

Comments

  1. Four Days of You and Me and By the Book were both 5-star reads for me. It was great to have something new from Kenneally, and By the Book was just so fun and charming. I am curious about the Betroth. I enjoyed The Selection series, and want to see what Cass did there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you enjoyed them! They definitely look like light and fun reads! I might give in and pick up the Betrothed sometime in the future, but for now it's definitely not a priority for me.

      Delete
  2. I definitely want to read BY THE BOOK, LAST GIRLS, and THE FOUR DAYS OF ME AND YOU!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel like they'll be the perfect summer reads! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. I hadn't heard of some of these books before. Definitely going to be adding them to my TBR!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad to hear that! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and commenting!