Reading Challenges Of 2018!

Hello guys and welcome to my separate ''Reading Challenge'' post! I call it that because I've already mentioned it a couple of times and was debating on whether to post it or not. I never do challenge because I always read whatever I'm in the mood for but, I really want to start 2018 with a list of books I want to get through and actually try and stick to it. 

Just a side not because, unfortunately, reality is slowly kicking in and exams start in a week so, I just wanted to let you guys know that I might not be able to post consistently, or even finish a single book for that matter. But, I really wanted to update you on my current reads since I'm loving them! I always allow myself to read up to two books at the same time and that's how it's going to go from now on since I have a ton of e-galleys to get through. It's practically unavoidable. So, here is what I'm currently in the middle of:
*Children of Blood and Bone {Legacy of Orisha #1} By Tomi Adeyemi
*Siege and Storm {The Grisha Trilogy #2} By Leigh Bardugo
Make sure to let me know if you decided to participate in any reading challenged this year! Also, if you have any book recommendations, leave them in the comments below!
🍁The first challenge of the year is to
It's also one of my new year's resolutions because I haven't finished a series in ages and you can find more about it here:
💮Moving on to the second challenge, which is probably the most important! It's nothing else than to actually
When I sat down to make a list of just twelve books, I got extremely overwhelmed by the amount of those that remained sitting on my shelves, unread and underappreciated for years. So, more than twelve novels are welcomed, these are just the ones I'm desperate to get through sometime during 2018. I was also thinking about excluding books I purchased throughout 2017 but, decided against it since I wasn't able to bring as many as I'd expected from back home. I'm sticking to books released prior to 2017 though, for obvious reasons!

Here they are:
💮Take Me On {Pushing the Limits #4} By Katie McGarry
Publication Date: May 2014
Genres: Young Adult, Contemporary, Romance

I love this series and the fourth book has been sitting on my shelves since it came out. For some reason, I never got around to reading it which is extremely weird, because I fell in love with Katie McGarry's writing and Pushing the Limits is still one of my favorites. 

💮Falling Into Place By Amy Zhang
Publication Date: September 2014
Genres: Young Adult, Contemporary

Another one I was looking forward to but, obviously have not read yet. It's been sitting on my shelves for three years and it's a relatively small book so, I should be able to get through it easily.

💮The Pale Horse By Agatha Christie
Publication Date: November 1961
Genres: Classic, Crime, Mystery

I've been so into crime lately and since reading Murder on the Orient Express, I really want to binge read Agatha Christie's novels. This one has been sitting on my shelves for the longest time so, I really want to get through it first! We can mentally include the rest that I own!
💮The Kiss of Deception {The Remnant Chronicles #1} By Marie E. Pearson
Publication Date: July 2014
Genres: Young Adult, Fantasy

I remember pre-ordering this one and being so excited to start reading it but, obviously, my dreams fell short and I never got around to it. I was actually debating whether to start this series or not but, since the series is complete, I think it won't be that difficult. Besides, I unconsciously commit to random series all the time so, here's to a conscious beginning, for once! Just kidding!

*Scent of Magic {Healer #2} By Maria V. Snyder 
Publication Date: December 2012
Genres: Young Adult, Fantasy

I love Maria V. Snyder and I've had this one sitting on my shelves for a really long time. Big surprise, right? I recently brought it back with me and I might need to re-read the first book in the series but, hopefully, I'll be able to pick it up soon!

💮Taste of Darkness {Healer #3} By Maria V. Snyder
Publication Date: December 2013
Genres: Young Adult, Fantasy

This one goes towards my goal of completing the series during the year so, wish me luck! It's the conclusion to the trilogy and I can't wait for it! Two books to get through before picking it up but, we're still seven days into the new year. We can do it, right?
💮The Lies of Locke Lamora {Gentleman Bastard #1} By Scott Lynch
Publication Date: July 2007
Genres: Epic Fantasy

This is probably one of the ''oldest'' books on my TBR shelf, meaning that, I don't even remember when I actually bought it. Does that make me a bad person? Probably! Its size has always intimidated me and it's one of the reasons I haven't picked it up yet. Just thinking about the rest of the books in the rest being the same size overwhelms me but, I'm extremely intrigued and excited to read this! It's one of the most hyped up books in the community and hopefully, I'll end up enjoying it!

💮Half-Blood {Covenant #1} By Jennifer L. Armentrout
Publication Date: October 2011
Genres: Young Adult, Fantasy, Paranormal

I love Jennifer L. Armentrout and I'd go as far as saying that, she's one of my favorite authors but, I kept my distance from this series because I'm basically a coward. Long story short, I don't want to be disappointed so, I kept avoiding. But, it's time to raise the stakes and do the right thing! Which translate to, it's high time that I picked this book up!

💮The Truth About Alice By Jennifer Mathieu
Publication Date: June 2014
Genres: Young Adult, Contemporary

This was one of my most anticipated releases of three years ago. I pre-ordered it and everything but, never got around to reading it. And it's a bit more than 200 pages. No excuses, I know. I've been itching to start reading it since I finished Moxie, which was one of my favorites for 2017 by the way! 
💮Hollow City {Miss Peregrine's Peculiar Children #2} By Ransom Riggs
Publication Date: February 2015
Genres: Young Adult, Fiction

I kind of DNFed this one. I immensely enjoyed Miss Peregrine's and the movie blew my mind with how beautifully done it was but, I started it as soon as I finished the first book and got kind of fed up. It just kept dragging on and I stopped at just about 150 pages in. I really want to try and read it though because I'm desperate to finish the series. 

💮The Demon King {Seven Realms #1} By Cinda Williams Chima
Publication Date: October 2009
Genres: Young Adult, Fantasy

I've been wanting to start this series since the beginning of time and I actually purchased this one quite recently but, thought I'd throw it in this list and make myself read it. Talk about peer pressuring myself!

💮The Witch Hunter {The Witch Hunter #1} By Virginia Boecker
Publication Date: June 2015
Genres: Young Adult, Fantasy

I purchased this on a whim a while back, solely based on its intriguing synopsis but, obviously haven't read it yet. I really want to though and if I don't read it sometime during the next couple of months, I feel like I'll never get around to picking it up.

I'm also setting a goal for 100 books on my Goodreads challenge but, I'm not feeling very optimistic about it. And the year hasn't even started, I know. I'm not going to pressure myself to reach that number because, it's just a number after all but, I'd really like to read a bit more than I did in 2017!

I haven't really thought the last challenge through but, I'd really like to try and participate in Popsugar's Reading Challenge! I'll have to update you guys on this one because I have no idea which book I want to read for each smaller challenger, I guess. I'm going to try and pick at least ten of these and come back to share them with you in a couple of days!

In the meantime, make sure to let me know which challenges you decided to participate in this year and let me know what you're currently reading!

Until the next post,

Comments