Why I'm Glad that I Started Blogging Again {A Brief History} - Discuss & Wonder #10

Hello everyone and welcome to another Discussion post! I have a quite non bookish related topic today but, it has been going around in my head for a while and I really wanted to write about it! So, I decided to share with you the reasons
Let me know in the comments if you have had any breaks from blogging and whether you enjoy it more now than you did before! 

If yes, what changed?

🌞If you've been around for a while, you'll know that I actually stopped blogging twice. To take things from the very beginning, I actually created Book Lady's Reviews five whole years ago! Yes, that's right. I had no idea what it meant to be an actual blogger, I just started it on a whim because I really enjoyed writing reviews on Goodreads and if you go way back, every single post you'll find is a copy-paste of those reviews. Then I really got into it but, still hadn't settled on a design or on how I wanted my posts to look like. 

🎈Which brings us to my first blog hiatus in 2013, when I had to have a back surgery and didn't have time to post at all. I started again after I got well enough to be able to actually read and write about it. I still had no schedule or any general idea of where I was going with Book Lady's Reviews. I signed up for random events, just to keep it going and actually have something to post about. Which brought me to last years huge reading slump and my second and biggest break from blogging. One year, give or take a couple of months.

🍁And now, here we are! It's been exactly ten months since I picked up from where I left off and I couldn't have been happier. I decided on how I wanted to display my posts before I started because I really wanted to settle on a theme and I created my own banners from scratch. Which, let me tell you, is more nerve wracking and time consuming than I expected. But, I feel like they represent me perfectly because I'm a very creative person and I love color so, I really wanted to create a blog that reflected on my personality. It might not be everybody's cup of tea but, I think it is something completely different and screams my name.

🍃I started blogging again in February of this year and I'm very selective about what events I participate in. The synopsis has to intrigue me and make me want to read the book itself, even if it's just a promotional event and not an actual tour. Also, I feel like this gives you - and myself - the opportunity to discover books you might have not come across under normal circumstances and of course, enter to win amazing prizes in the Giveaways kindly hosted by the authors themselves! I personally have found so many amazing reads through participating in these events and I couldn't have been more grateful for it! So, for future reference, I only share with you things that I'm truthfully fascinated by and interested in reading! Also, I'm always honest about my opinions, even if copies are kindly provided by authors or publishers!

🐶Moving on to why I'm extremely glad that I didn't let this dream of mine escape my reach and started blogging again! First of all, I love reading. Always have and always will. And I don't have anyone to share that love with because, believe it or not, none of my friends are interested in it. Well, they read some books in Greek but, it's not the same. I'm not particularly interested in translated novels because Greek translations usually suck - no offense to myself. So, I'm grateful that I have a platform to share my love of books with fellow book lovers and have the opportunity to reach an amazing audience that has supported me from the beginning!

🌟Second of all, I love writing in general and I immensely enjoy putting these posts together, creating different banners for every post and just, being free to do whatever I please with them! It gives me the greatest satisfaction and it's one of the things that I'll never be tired of doing. Now that I have a schedule and don't pressure myself like I did in the past, everything is so much easier than it used to be. Knowing what I want each post to look like and settling for a specific structure has helped a lot! I feel like I've become the blogger I was meant to be and I'm comfortable with it. I love how Book Lady's Reviews looks and I hope you guys love it too. It took me so much time to finally come to a decision on how I wanted everything to be and I've come to the point where I'm satisfied with - mostly - everything. There are always going to be some things that I won't be 100% okay with but, that's how everything in life works so, I'm not that anxious or angry about it. Plus, I'm a bit of a perfectionist so, I'll probably make changes every once in a while, just to satisfy my crazy self.

💜My favorite part of this is how I'm able to share a part of myself with the world and you! A part that, not many people know about because of what I've already mentioned. Not a lot of people are fond of reading these days and I'll never be able to understand why. I've missed having actual conversations about books and going crazy over fictional boyfriends. So, I would have definitely gone crazy if I hadn't started blogging again. Not having anyone to talk about one of the biggest parts of my self sucks but, this platform makes things so much better! I don't know if you guys have had the same experience but, it feels like people who genuinely enjoy reading have disappeared from this earth. 

🌲Lastly, being able to interact with people who share the same passion through Book Lady's Reviews has been a blessing and something I hadn't realized when I first started. It's very important to share what you love doing with the world and helping them decide what to read next is a huge plus! It's also a great way to grow as a person and meet new, wonderful people that actually care about reading! 

😊 I know this was quite a long post but, I've been thinking about what I would've done without this blog and this community for a while and wanted to share these thoughts with you! I probably would've gone mental and exploded with the need to talk about new releases and old favorites so, a huge thank you for giving me the opportunity to do that and share my love for reading with you! I decided to take it a step further and create a Facebook page to keep you updated so, make sure to check it out! This year has been pretty eventful and deciding to renovate Book Lady's Reviews again has been one of my best decisions! 

You can also find me on Goodreads & Twitter, by the way! 

Until the next wonderful post,

Comments