Moonlight On Nightingale Way By Samantha Young {On Dublin Street #6} - Review

Title: Moonlight On Nightingale Way

Series: On Dublin Street

Author: Samantha Young

Publication Date: June 2015

Genres: New Adult, Contemporary, Romance


Logan from Echoes of Scotland Street is back with his own smoldering story, as the New York Times bestselling On Dublin Street series returns…

Logan spent two years paying for the mistakes he made. Now, he’s ready to start over. He has a great apartment, a good job, and plenty of women to distract him from his past. And one woman who is driving him to distraction…

Grace escaped her manipulative family by moving to a new city. Her new life, made to suit her own needs, is almost perfect. All she needs to do is find her Mr. Right—or at least figure out a way to ignore her irresistible yet annoying womanizer of a neighbor.

Grace is determined to have nothing to do with Logan until a life-changing surprise slowly begins turning the wild heartbreaker into exactly the kind of strong, stable man she’s been searching for. Only just when she begins to give into his charms, her own messy past threatens to derail everything they’ve worked to build…

I did not plan on writing a review for this one at all but I really wanted to put my thoughts on screen and share them with the world so, here we go!

First of all, I'm a huge fan of Samantha Young's books and the On Dublin Street series is one of my favorites in the New Adult genre. So, you can understand my disappointment when I finished reading Moonlight on Nightingale Way. I know most people loved it but, I powered through the books that I had left from the series last year and this was the only one left for me to complete the series. And I loved those so much, my heart actually hurts every time I think about them. It seems like I'm exaggerating when I'm writing reviews but really, just saying it like it is. Putting feelings into words and all that good stuff.

So, naturally, sucker that I am for Samantha Young and her books in general, I expected to love this one. Not just love it, but fall in love with everything that represented it. That had to do with it. I didn't. Maybe it's my fault for having set the bar so high but, can you really blame me? It was actually pretty obvious for me that, after reading and loving the rest of the series, the same would happen with this one. It didn't. And I was completely and utterly disappointed. Add frustrated to the mix and you have a really unsatisfied and grumpy reader.

You might be wondering why I didn't enjoy this. The correct way to phrase this is, I didn't enjoy it as much as I expected, as much as I wanted to. I did enjoy it in a typical sense. Meaning that, it was a quick read for me and I don't regret reading it. At all. The problem is that, something was definitely missing. The story didn't interest me as much as the others. I didn't find myself eager and dying to continue on, in order to figure out what would happen next. It lacked the edge the rest of the books had from the start and that's what really bugged me. The plot was okay, the characters were likable and the ending left me feeling incomplete.

Everything felt rushed and the story was underdeveloped in my opinion. If a scene wasn't slow to get through, it was abrupt and ended way faster than it should. If that makes any sense whatsoever. And I strongly believe that, a bit of the characters' background would have made things better. And it would've been greatly appreciated.

Now that I got what was bugging me out of the way, let's move on to the things that I did like. I really enjoyed the characters and their relationships. Having read the series from the beginning, I got quite attached and I was so happy every time the couples from the rest of the books made an appearance. It's just so interesting to follow a series and have the opportunity to get a glimpse at what everyone is up to, throughout it. Plus, the fact that I love Samantha Young's writing made this so much easier to read. I immensely enjoy her writing style and I look forward to reading more of her work.

The main characters of this particular story were not my favorite but I definitely enjoyed reading about them. I adored Maia from the second she was introduced and I was really excited to see her getting to know everyone and having such an amazing relationship with both Grace and Logan.

Even though the revelation was completely unexpected, I feel like it happened way earlier than it should've and things started getting pretty ordinary from there. I don't want to say boring because it wasn't. Slow would be a better word for it. After the twist, everything came into a halt and it was like the book ended before it even had a chance to begin. That's where, the excitement and anticipation reserved for moments filled with anxiousness and unpredictability, went jumping out the nearest window and disappeared once and for all. From one point on, it was like I was just reading to reach the ending. I didn't have any hopes of twists that would take me by surprise and that's what made me even more frustrated with it.

The ending was alright. Nothing extraordinary, explosive, unique. The list goes on and on really. I expected something that would leave history for how incredible it was. No such luck, folks. It wasn't one of those remarkable endings that stay with you, long after you finish the book.

I could go on talking about Nightingale Way -and why it was such a disappointment- for days but, I think this is enough. I would definitely recommend going into the series from the beginning, if you don't want to be overwhelmed by the amount of people that are mentioned in each book.




Comments