Sweet Reckoning By Wendy Higgins {Review}

It’s time.

Evil is running rampant and sweet Anna Whitt is its target. Nobody knows when or how the Dukes will strike, but Anna and her Nephilim allies will do anything necessary to rid the earth of the demons and their oppressive ways.

The stakes are higher than ever, and Anna is determined that the love she feels will be her strength, not a liability. But trying to protect the ones she loves while running for her life and battling demonic forces proves to be perilous—especially as faces are changing and trust is fleeting. When the Duke of Lust sends Anna’s great love, Kaidan Rowe, to work against her, Anna must decide how much she’s prepared to risk.

In the most sensual and fast-paced installment yet, Sweet Reckoning brings all the beloved Neph together one last time to fight for their freedom.



My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I was eagerly anticipating Sweet Reckoning's release and when it came out...I had to get it immediately.I was so excited to read it and I started the same minute it arrived.But the thing is,I didn't love it as much as I thought I would and that is one of the main reasons I gave it four stars.It was one of my most anticipating books of the year and I couldn't wait to get my hands on it.I expected to fall in love with it but to tell you the truth,I was a bit disappointed.

And I have to explain why.First of all,let me tell you that just because I didn't love it,doesn't mean that I didn't like it or enjoyed reading it.It was a really fun and enjoyable read but I just felt like it could have been more.It also felt like the author didn't focus enough on the final battle which in my opinion,was the most important part.The characters didn't develop that much throughout the book and the story was a bit predictable except from some things that happened in between.If you've read it,you'll probably know what I'm talking about.What really bothered me though-bothered isn't exactly the right word-is the fact that I was waiting for something-anything-to happen,a twist,an action packed scene that would make me nervous and on edge to see what would happen next...but the thing is that nothing like that happened.I was reading and as I kept reading,I wished for that twist that would blow my mind,but unfortunately it never came.There were some twists,the unpredictable ones that you'll know if you've read the books but not something major.Lastly,I don't know if it's just me or if other people think this as well...but the ending seemed a bit too rushed and abrupt.It was like the author just wanted to get it over with and didn't explain things enough.

Now that I've expressed my self,it's time to say what I really liked about Sweet Reckoning.I liked the fact that the characters stayed together and supported each other.And I'm just gonna admit that the scenes between Kai and Anna were swoon worthy and really fun to read.I love Kai even more than I did before and Anna was of course the same sweet,loyal and caring girl we met at the beginning.But she's older now and more mature which is always good.Something else I want to mention is that I love the author's writing.I might have not loved the book as much as I'd like to but it reminded me of how much I love Wendy Higgin's writing.Moving on to my favorite part of the book which was the epilogue.It was unexpected,sweet and it left me completely speechless.The ending might have been a bit rushed for me as I said before,but it was satisfying.

Moreover,I immensely enjoyed the fact that all of the characters played a big part in the development of the story and that we got to see more of them in the last book.The relationships they had with each other were honest and sincere which I envied but most of all admired.They were really close and supported each other.They made me realize what friendship is truly about and I really appreciated that.I also want to talk about some unexpected things that happened and really surprised me...in a really good way.They were completely unpredictable and I wouldn't have it any other way.

I'm really sad that the trilogy has ended but it took me to an amazing journey which I'll always remember.Because every story we read is a journey which I think is my favorite thing about reading.If I had to choose my favorite book out of the three,I'd have to go with Sweet Peril.It was beautiful,unpredictable and I loved it.I can't wait to see what Wendy Higgins will come up with next.I love her writing and I'm looking forward to reading more of the books that she will write in the future!

Sweet Reckoning was a really satisfying ending to the trilogy.It was enjoyable and I highly recommend that you guys check out the trilogy!


Comments