Onyx By Jennifer L. Armentrout {REVIEW}

Being connected to Daemon Black sucks…

Thanks to his alien mojo, Daemon’s determined to prove what he feels for me is more than a product of our bizarro connection. So I’ve sworn him off, even though he’s running more hot than cold these days. But we’ve got bigger problems.

Something worse than the Arum has come to town…

The Department of Defense are here. If they ever find out what Daemon can do and that we're linked, I’m a goner. So is he. And there's this new boy in school who’s got a secret of his own. He knows what’s happened to me and he can help, but to do so, I have to lie to Daemon and stay away from him. Like that's possible. Against all common sense, I'm falling for Daemon. Hard.

But then everything changes…

I’ve seen someone who shouldn’t be alive. And I have to tell Daemon, even though I know he’s never going to stop searching until he gets the truth. What happened to his brother? Who betrayed him? And what does the DOD want from them—from me?

No one is who they seem. And not everyone will survive the lies...
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Onyx,the second installment of the Lux series starts with Katy trying to deny the fact that she likes Daemon.And then,the fun starts.A new guy named Blake enters Katy's life turning everything upside down.Daemon doesn't seem to trust Blake but Katy has this absurd and completely wrong idea that Daemon doesn't want Blake only because of the fact that he's jealous.The part about Daemon being jealous is true, but something is really suspicious about Blake's behavior,something Katy realizes and tries to understand better by putting her life in danger.And in the process she discovers that people they thought to be dead are actually alive and they,especially Daemon will do anything to find them and bring them back.But it won't be that easy.During the whole book,shocking truths are revealed,trusts are broken and a death changes everything.

I don't think I've ever swooned so much while reading a book!!It never happened before.While Obsidian was kinda like the starting point and didn't have that much action,Onyx was full of action that had me on edge and furiously reading to see what would happen next.Everything was so beautifully described and I loved how Katy developed as a character because truth be told,she was really different from the Katy we met in Obsidian.But she's still caring,loyal and would do anything to protect the ones she loves.Even lie and risk her life which she kinda did since the last chapters really broke my heart.Reading about her being tortured that way was awful and I was so glad when that scene ended.I have to admit that I disagreed with some of the choices she made.However,they taught her some things and I could understand why she wanted to learn how to fight and why she chose Blake to train her.There are always moments in life where we do the wrong thing without realizing it but the choices we make in the end are the ones that really count.

What really frustrated me,but not in a bad way was the fact that Katy kept denying her feelings for Daemon.The guy freaking confessed that he liked her,apologized multiple times and went from being a jerk to being this gentle and tender guy who I adore even more.He even brought her things every single day and she was still like...I want something normal and Daemon is anything but normal.Even though I was annoyed by that small detail,I loved the scenes between them and felt like jumping up and down when I was reading about their tender moments together.I laughed,I got angry,I got frustrated...It was a roller coaster of emotions which I immensely enjoyed being a part of.

I'm gonna say it again though that Katy is one of the most loyal and caring characters ever and I'd love to have a friend like her.She's always there and even though she becomes tougher and kinda finds her inner strength,she's still the same Katy ...maybe a bit more mature which is never a bad thing.

And what can I say about Daemon?I can't express how I feel about Daemon with words.He's the definition of perfection and I think I'll never stop loving him.He has officially become my fictional boyfriend and I'll be really sad when the time comes for me to say goodbye.He's obviously changed and the process was more than fascinating.He also develops as a character and does so many wonderful things to make Katy feel better.He's also caring and loyal and like Katy,will do anything to protect those he loves.Which shows that they're not that different.

Moving on to the writing.I love the way Jennifer L. Armentrout writes and the fact that she can make me feel so many things in such a short time.The concept was amazing and the characters she creates feel real and alive.It's just so easy to imagine Katy and everyone else living next door and doing all the things that are described in the book.It creates this connection between the reader and the characters,this bond that can't be broken.It makes you wanna do something to help them and you'd do anything to live in their world.

I think Onyx was the perfect sequel to Obsidian which of course left many questions unanswered.Everything was so unique and I can't wait to read Opal which I'm pretty sure will be even better!It will also answer a lot of questions and probably clear a few things up!

This was such an enjoyable and fast paced read with a more than satisfying ending.It's kind of addicting since you just wanna keep reading and never let go and it took me to an amazing journey full of swoon worthy moments,action,pain and happiness.Because the one can't exist without the other....There's no happiness without pain,no light without darkness.Does that make any sense?Highly recommend the series if you haven't checked it out yet!

Happy Reading!

Comments