Most Anticipated Book Releases - September Edition {Part 1}

 
Hello guys and welcome to another post! It's been a long time coming, but I've finally managed to put together my most anticipated book releases for this month -let's ignore the fact that we're a couple of days away from October- and share them with you in this post. I hope you're all doing well during this extremely difficult time. Things have been more than complicated and I'm still trying to figure out a way to find myself again and keep on walking towards a path that brings me a sense of happiness and fulfilment! I've always found solace in books and sharing them with you, so let's move on to September's new releases!
*The Orphan of Cemetery Hill By Hester Fox
Publication Date: September 15th
Genres: Historical Fiction, Fantasy

A girl who can communicate with the dead and is on the run from people who want to take advantage of her gift? Yes please! Also, the setting is more than ideal since it takes place in the 19th century, which makes the plot even more intriguing and gives off this feeling of gothic like Victorian mystique.

*Throwaway Girls By Andrea Contos
Publication Date: September 1st
Genres: Young Adult, Mystery

Throwaway Girls follows Caroline, whose parents sent her to a prep school in order to convert her into being straight. Then her best friend disappears and things take a turn for the worse when she realizes how many other girls have gone missing in her school, which is when she decides to take matters into her own hands and figure out the truth!

*Horrid By Katrina Leno
Publication Date: September 15th
Genres: Young Adult, Mystery

According to the blurb, here comes a haunting contemporary horror novel that explores themes of mental illness, rage and grief , twisted with spine-chilling elements of Stephen King and Agatha Christie. Truth be told, the Agatha Christie comparison really got to me because I'm a huge fan of crime novels, so I'm more than interested in Horrid!

*Fable By {Fable #1} Adrienne Young
Publication Date: September 1st
Genres: Young Adult, Fantasy

I own Sky In the Deep by the same author and even though I haven't gotten around to reading it yet, it's got great reviews, which is also the case for Fable. It sounds like a very intriguing novel and I love the setting, so I'm definitely looking forward to getting my hands on it as well!
*Tools of Engagement {Hot & Hammered #3} By Tessa Bailey
Publication Date: September 22nd
Genres: Contemporary, Romance

Fix Her Up, the first book in this series, has been on my most anticipated reads list for ages and upon realizing that Tools of Engagement was set in the same universe, I decided to pick up the pace and immerse myself in Romance since it's always had the ability to make me extremely happy with its cliché happily ever afters!

*Well Played {Well Met #2} By Jen DeLuca
Publication Date: September 22nd 
Genres: Contemporary, Romance 

Another Romance novel that I cannot wait to get my hands on, since it's become quite apparent that it's not possible to actually find it. This definitely sounds like something I'd personally enjoy, so I had to include it in this post!

*The Book of Two Ways By Jodi Picoult
Publication Date: September 22nd
Genres: Fiction, Contemporary, Romance
 
I have a confession to make... I've actually never read a Jodi Picoult book, which is why I was more than excited to discover her newest release. It's one of the only books of hers that has immensely piqued my interest and I'm more than willing to give it a go, even though I haven't read any Fiction in a while.

*Anxious People By Fredrik Backman
Publication Date: September 8th
Genres: Adult, Fiction, Mystery

I cannot stress how excited I am for this novel! Granted, I do own some of the authors books which I've yet to read... but that's the story of a bookworm's life. Who am I to change it?
*The Last Story of Mina Lee By Nancy Jooyoun Kim
Publication Date: September 1st
Genres: Contemporary, Fiction

This is a debut novel which follows the lives of an immigrant family in America and what it truly means to belong. It sounds quite fascinating and depicts an image of reality that I personally feel like a lot of readers will relate to. 

*The Unraveling of Cassidy Holmes By Elissa R. Sloan
Publication Date: September 1st
Genres: Adult, Contemporary, Fiction

Another debut novel that deals with a difficult and triggering subject, The Unraveling of Cassidy Holmes probes into the dark side of fame after a former pop star ends up taking her own life. The book itself is told in different perspectives and timelines, a behind-the-scenes look into the rise and fall of a pop icon, and a penetrating examination of the dark side of being famous, as well as the truth behind the industry that profits from it.

*Watch Over Me By Nina LaCour
Publication Date: September 15th
Genres: Young Adult, Contemporary 

I think this is a companion to We Are Okay, but Goodreads doesn't really specify it, so we'll just take it for what it is. A story of resilience and rebirth, written in lyrical prose -the author's signature writing style- and following a troubled girl who goes away to escape from her past, but ends up having to face the ghosts it left behind.

*Breathless By Jennifer Niven
Publication Date: September 29th
Genres: Young Adult, Contemporary, Romance

I have read All the Bright Places and Holding Up the Universe by the same author, -immensely enjoyed the first and cried over it, wasn't really into the second one- so Breathless is definitely a book I'd consider one of my most anticipated reads. 
*Cemetery Boys By Aiden Thomas
Publication Date: September 1st
Genres: Young Adult, Fantasy, Paranormal

I cannot describe how excited I am for this novel! It follows the life of a trans boy who summons a ghost and ends up falling for it! The ghost, bad boy Julian who apparently died under mysterious circumstances, needs our main character's help in order to figure out what truly happened, refusing to leave until the truth is revealed.

*Grown By Tiffany D. Jackson
Publication Date: September 15th
Genres: Young Adult, Contemporary, Mystery

''Who killed Korey Fields? All signs point to Enchanted.'' The final part of this book synopsis made me immensely interested in reading it and immersing myself in a world of corruption and deceit!

*Punching the Air By Ibi Zoboi & Yusef Salaam
Publication Date: September 1st
Genres: Young Adult, Contemporary

I'm not sure if this novel is written in poetic prose, but the synopsis makes it sound quite interesting! It tells a moving and deeply profound story about how one boy is able to maintain his humanity and fight for the truth, in a system designed to strip him of both!

*Blood & Honey {Serpent & Dove #2} By Shelby Mahurin
Publication Date: September 1st
Genres: Young Adult, Fantasy

This is the sequel to Serpent & Dove -which I've featured in a previous post- and follows the same characters in a race against time to find themselves more allies and prevent a greater destruction than the one looming before them from occuring.

That was it for today's post guys! Hope you found it helpful and marked some dates for the new releases you're interested in. Make sure to let me know which releases you're most excited for and whether you've read any of the ones featured here! 

Until the next post,


Comments