Bookish Fun - A To Z Bookish Survey {Tag Edition}

Hello everyone and happy Easter! Hope you're all having an amazing time with friends and family! I have a two week break from University and I'm currently at home, which is more than amazing because I didn't get to visit during Christmas. I thought I would do something fun for today and feature a tag I've had on my Drafts for quite some time! I have no idea where I got it from because I had everything written down and forgot to actually bookmark the creator, which I want to apologize for. 

Sidenote: I have searched for the original creator and I think that I got the questions from Jamie's post, over at The Perpetual Page Turner! Make sure to let me know if you've read any of the books mentioned below and leave your links in the comment section, so that I can check out your blog posts in case you decide to go ahead and put this tag together as well! 
Author you've read the most books from:

Probably Chloe Neill and Samantha Young! They're two of my all time favorite author so, naturally, whatever they write, I'll read!

Best sequel ever:

This is a very tough one because I've read some amazing sequels throughout the years, but the one that will always be with me is Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins. I still remember the multitude of feelings I got while reading it! It was definitely one of the most epic sequels, which is saying a lot, especially because The Hunger Games was a trilogy and the second book in a series is always the most difficult to get just right! An honorable mention is Kerri Maniscalco's Hunting Prince Dracula, which came very close to being perfect and I highly recommend!

Currently reading:

I'm trying to finish Oranges Are Not the Only Fruit by Jeanette Winterson because I - stupidly - chose it for my English Fiction final assignment. Everything else was closely linked to Post-Colonialism, which I've already written a number of essays on so, I didn't want to be predictable and go for the ''easy'' way out. I'm also reading Escaping From Houdini by Kerri Maniscalco!

Drink of choice while reading:

Coffee. It's always been coffee!

E-reader or physical book:

I love feeling the grittiness of the page under my fingers and carrying a book with me has always been my kind of ''safety measure''. Kindle is nice for review books and all that good stuff, not going to lie. But, when it comes to being immersed in the process of reading, I'm all about the physical benefits that come with holding an actual book in your hands!

Fictional character you'd probably date in high school:

This is such a hard question but, I'll have to go with Kiaran from The Falconer, which you guys know is one of my all time favorite series! I absolutely love the guy!

Glad you gave this book a chance:

This Mortal Coil by Emily Suvada, one of the best Dystopian novels that I've ever read! 

Hidden gem book:

Definitely How to Stop Time by Matt Haig! A masterpiece!

Important moment in your reading life:

Probably starting this blog and connecting with people who love reading as much as I do! I've never had that in my everyday life!

Just finished:

Captain Amberton's Inherited Wife by Jenni Fletcher, a Historical Romance! Hadn't read one in a while and decided to go for it! Review coming soon!

Kinds of books you won't read:

Autobiographies. I've never liked them!

Longest book you've read:

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, which  - according to Goodreads - consists of 870 pages!

Major book hangover because of:

I'd have to say Paper Princess by Erin Watts. I've never hated a book more!

Number of bookcases you own:

All of them combined? Five! Plus the shelves that are double stacked and some books that are scattered around the house!

One book you've read multiple times:

I've read Poison Study by Maria V. Snyder more times than I can count! It's become a classic at this point!

Preferred place to read:

In bed, with Loki curled up next to me and trying to - desperately, one would say - lick the page!

Quote that inspire you/gives you all the feels, from a book you've read:

''Gravity is our playmate, momentum is our friend. We are blurs of motion. We are racing, and we are both winning, because we do not race each other. We race the world, and as fast as it rotates, as fast as it revolves, we are faster.'' - Falling Into Place by Amy Zhang, one of the most beautifully written books I've ever read!

Reading regret:

Trying to read what everyone else was reading and ''fit in'', I guess.

Series you started and need to finish {all books are out}:

I have quite a few, actually! The Remnant Chronicles by Mary E. Pearson, as well as The Kingmaker Trilogy by Amanda Bouchet! Then, we have The Chicagoland Vampires by Chloe Neill and The Mercy Thompson series by Patricia Briggs!

Three of your all time favorite books:

Hmmm, tough one! We' re going with Lion Heart by A. C. Gaughen, A Treacherous Curse by Deanna Raybourn and Sherlock Holmes by Arthur Conan Doyle. Weird selection, I know!

Unapologetic fan-girl for:

Tahereh Mafi! My love for this woman has become an obsession, at this point in time! And where do I even start from? How stunning she is? How beautifully she writes? How stylish she appears in pictures? How heartbreaking her books are? The list goes on and on, duh!

Very excited for this release more than all the others:

Capturing the Devil by Kerri Maniscalco which is the fourth and final book in the series! Coming out in September!

Worst bookish habit:

Buying too many books...Is there such a thing, though?

X Marks the spot: Start at the top left of your shelf and pick the 27th book:

The Coldest Girl in Coldtown by Holly Black! Really enjoyed it, by the way.

Your latest book purchase:

The Caged Queen by Kristen Ciccarelli, which is the second book in the Iskari series and one of my most anticipated reads!

ZZZ-snatcher book {last book that kept you up, WAY past your bedtime}:

Things Fall Apart by Chinua Achebe, which I had to finish because of an assigned reading deadline!

That was it for today's post! I hope you guys enjoyed it and will come up with answers to some of these yourselves! 

So, until the next post,


Comments

  1. I love The Hunger Games! That series kept me awake all night, and I need to reread it someday. I prefer physical books too. Probably because I spend all day staring at screens and don’t want to look at an e-reader when I get home.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here! I finished it in a matter of days but, unfortunately, I haven't managed to read it again since! And physical books for the win! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and commenting!