Most Anticipated Book Releases - October Edition! {Part 2}

Hello guys and welcome to the second part of October's most exciting new releases! My birthday is on the 13th and I seriously want to gift all of these new titles to myself but, that's kind of impossible...unfortunately! Am I the only one who gets extremely overwhelmed, just by thinking about all of these? I hope not! Make sure to let me know which books you're most anticipating the release of, mark your calendars for the ones that interest you and don't forget to check out
*The Lady's Guide to Petticoats and Piracy {Montague Siblings #2} By Mackenzi Lee
Publication Date: October 2nd
Genres: Young Adult, Historical Fiction

The Gentlemen's Guide to Vice and Virtue is so hyped up in the book community but, for some reason, I've never felt the need to pick it up, even though I'm a huge fan of Historical Fiction in general! The sequel though, has really managed to intrigue me! It sound quite fun and super witty so, we'll see if I'll get around to reading it soon!

*The Darkest Star {Origin #1} By Jennifer L. Armentrout
Publication Date: October 30th
Genres: Young Adult, Science Fiction

I'm a huge fan of Jennifer L. Armentrout and I absolutely loved the Lux series but unfortunately, I never got around to finishing it. Her newest novel is actually set in the same world and takes place after the events of Opposition, which I don't know if I'll ever get around to reading. I feel like that whole premise is kind of over for me, if that makes any sense. I have read the first three books but that was years ago and since my reading tastes have changed so much, I have no idea whether I'd actually be willing to reenter the Lux world by picking up The Darkest Star.

*Kingdom of Ash {Throne of Glass #7} By Sarah J. Maas
Publication Date: October 23rd
Genres: Young Adult, Fantasy

It's no secret that I have given up on these series, even though I own all the books that have come out in it so far...I basically stopped reading after the third novel because I felt like it lost meaning and I basically got overwhelmed with how the author tried to make everything happen at the same time. Thinking about doing a discussion post on that by the way so, stay tuned! I just wanted to include the newest release in the series here because I feel like it deserves it and people are definitely interested in it!

*A Map of Days {Miss Peregrine's Peculiar Children #4} By Ransom Riggs
Publication Date: October 2nd
Genres: Young Adult, Fantasy

I absolutely loved the first book in the series and I do plan on picking up the rest of the novels as soon as I can so, I was really excited when Ransom Riggs announced a fourth novel! Seriously guys, the photographs in these books are more than worth it, in case you're interested in picking them up!
*Shadow of the Fox {Shadow of the Fox #1} By Julie Kagawa
Publication Date: October 2nd
Genres: Young Adult, Fantasy

I was ecstatic when Julie Kagawa announced a new release and I got even more excited when I read its synopsis! I absolutely love her writing style and cannot recommend her books enough! Shadow of the Fox is on the way to my bookshelves, that's all I'm going to say!

*Grim Lovelies {Grim Lovelies #1} By Megan Shepherd
 Publication Date: October 2nd
Genres: Young Adult, Fantasy

This is another novel I've been seeing everywhere in the book community and even though I'm not in the mood for something like it, which means that I don't plan on picking it up anytime soon, I thought I'd share it with you anyway! From what I can tell, this is some sort of retelling and it does sound quite interesting! 

*Salt For Air By M. C. Frank
Publication Date: October 23rd
Genres: Young Adult, Fantasy

You want to know how Goodreads describes this one? Greek Mythology meets The Little Mermaid in this delicious Fantasy novel! I mean, who am I to resist such a fascinating combination? Two of my favorite things merged into one? Yes please!

*The Boneless Mercies By April Genevieve Tucholke
Publication Date: October 2nd
Genres: Young Adult, Fantasy

First of all, the cover of this one is stunning! Second of all, the synopsis sounds fascinating! Third of all, I NEED IT IN MY LIFE! It is described as a dark standalone YA Fantasy about a band of mercenary girls in search of female glory!
*Beneath the Citadel By Destiny Soria
Publication Date: October 9th
Genres: Young Adult, Fantasy

This is not a priority, if you will, for me but, it sounded too interesting to pass up and I had to share it with you guys! I discovered it while searching for books to feature in October's posts and it sounded exactly like something I would consider picking up sometime! It is set in the fantastical world of Eldra and the main character is the daughter of rebels, who's trying to expose its council!

*Melmoth By Sarah Perry
Publication Date: October 16th
Genres: Historical Fiction, Fantasy

This follows a translator whose friend comes across a mysterious letter that speaks of a mysterious confession and a curious warning about a dark legend found in obscure fairy tales and antique village lore, Melmoth the Witness! It sounds quite spooky and different from what I've read in the past so, I'm definitely interested in exploring its pages!

*In the Night Wood By Dale Bailey
Publication Date: October 9th
Genres: Fantasy, Horror

This has a very exhilarating premise, I would say! It follows the grieving biographer of a Victorian fantasist, who finds himself slipping inexorably into the supernatural world that consumed his subject! I'm usually not a huge fan of Horror in novels but, I'd definitely be interested in this one! I also fell in love with this part of the synopsis: Soon enough he'll learn that the darkness under the trees is but a shadow of the darkness that waits inside us all!

*The Light Between Worlds By Laura E. Weymouth
Publication Date: October 23rd
Genres: Young Adult, Fantasy

This one follows the lives of two sisters who were transported to another realm, while in the middle of a bombing strike! They found refuge if a forest Kingdom populated by creatures out of myth and legend and when they finally return to London, nothing has changed excerpt for themselves!
*The Brilliant Death By Amy Rose Capetta
Publication Date: October 30th
Genres: Young Adult, Fantasy

The Brilliant Death has such a fascinating premise that I can't even begin to describe how excited I was when I discovered it! It follows a mafia don's daughter, who secretly turns her father's enemies into music boxes, mirrors and other decorative objects! Doesn't that sound amazing?

*Blanca & Roja By Anna - Marie McLemore
Publication Date: October 9th
Genres: Young Adult, Magical Realism

I haven't read a novel by this author before, even though almost everything she has released so far is really hyped up, mainly because most of them belong in the broad category of Magical Realism, which I'm not the biggest fan of! This one does sound like something I would  be interested in reading though, since it has a very weird premise, if that makes any sense!

*The Rule of One {The Rule of One #1} By Ashley & Leslie Saunders
Publication Date: October 1st
Genres: Young Adult, Science Fiction, Dystopia

Another book I cannot wait to get my hands on! It's getting old, I know! I've never read anything like it before and it's something that could be our terrifying reality in a couple of decades, who knows! Don't want to sound pessimistic or anything but, the world is terrifying right now and it might get even worse! It's basically set in the United States of the future, where a one child policy is ruthlessly enforced. The book follows a set of identical twins who live an interchangeable existence, in order to survive!

*Song of the Dryad By Natalie Leigh
Publication Date: October 20th
Genres: Young Adult, Fantasy

It's been ages since I've read a Fairy novel...At least it feels like it! The cover is stunning, the synopsis sounds like something I'd enjoy and I cannot wait to get my hands on it! Let's count how many times I've said that so far in this post guys!

That was it for today's post everyone! Hope you found it helpful and marked your calendars for the new releases that interest you! 

Do you plan on reading any of the books feature in this post? Until the next one,


Comments

  1. All these books being released sound amazing! The Light Between Worlds has a stunning cover. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and commenting!