Year In Review {Yearly Favorites!}

Since 2017 is almost over and we're all ready to welcome the new year with open arms, I thought I would share with you my favorite things from a number of categories. That way, you'll get to know me better and we can discuss a bit more than just books. I'll be doing a separate post for my bookish favorites so, stay tuned for that one! In this one, we're going to generally talk about
So, in case you guys are wondering, everything from movies to characters will be featured in today's post. Only the ones that stole the show of course! 

Make sure to let me know all about your yearly favorites and what you enjoyed doing most in 2017!

If you've followed Book Lady's Reviews for a while, you've probably guessed this one by now. I've mentioned this quite a lot throughout 2017 because I read it at the very beginning of the year and fell in love!
Make sure to check out My Review on it! 
*Honorable Mentions: Rooftoppers by Katherine Rundell & Moxie By Jennifer Mathieu 
They came extremely close to being at the top of my favorites list so, I really wanted to share them with you guys! Don't forget to check them out! They're beautifully written and the messages they carry in their pages couldn't have been more important.
There are so many kick ass heroines out there and the way they're portrayed in the countless books that came out this year, is admirable and immensely inspiring! But, my personal favorite is Mercy Thompson! I re-read the first three books in the series this year and continued on with the rest. My admiration and fondness for Mercedes grew even more with each book! You could even say that, I have a huge girl crush on her!
This was pretty easy and I really didn't have to think about it for long! Kiaran from The Falconer by Elizabeth May is the epitome of perfection! Mysterious, dark and swoon worthy, he's everything us poor readers fall for without even thinking about it because resisting isn't even worth it. You just know that he's trouble from the very beginning of the book. And, truth be told, his arrogance was even more appealing than I'd care to admit. He has good intentions though, which is greatly appreciated!
Definitely Tahereh Mafi! Her writing style is one of my favorites and she's such an amazing and inspiring human being! I finished The Shatter Me Trilogy this year, screamed like a lunatic when I found out that, it's going to be extended - three more books to be exact - and fell in love with Furthermore!
This one was extremely difficult but, at the same time, pretty obvious so, we're just gonna go with it. Hogwarts will always be my favorite fictional setting and I've read and watched Harry Potter so many times that, I just had to mention it! But, Furthermore is also a world that I desperately wish I could visit!
I love getting lost in music as much as I love getting lost in books so, I really wanted to include it in this post! I have a lot of favorite songs because, who doesn't? So, I thought I'd share with you more than one because choosing is realistically impossible. Here we go:

*Wolves - Selena Gomez & Marshmello
*Carnival of Rust - Poets of the Fall
*Numb - Linking Park
*Asi Soy - Maite Perroni
*Again - Noah Cyrus ft. XXXTENTACION
*What About Us - P!nk
Pink! Forever and always! She takes music itself to a whole different level of originality! Her songs become hits as soon as they're released and she's unique. There's no other artist like her and I'm pretty sure there never will be. And, most importantly, her voice rocks!
I'm going with Ed Sheeran for this one! I love every single one of his songs and they're addictive. His voice is quite unique as well and his ability to wake up all sorts of feelings is so hard to come across these days in the industry!
Quite a tough one, let's be honest. But, I think I'm going with Coldplay and Thirty Seconds to Mars. I've been listening to their songs on repeat for the last couple of months so, featuring both of them is more than fair!
I cannot even begin to list the movies I've actually watched this year. But, Thor: Ragnarok and Guardians of the Galaxy Vol.2 definitely blew my mind! Reviews vary on both of them but, I was completely hooked! I feel like they were so much better than their predecessors and the action just kept coming my way. I was so not ready for neither of them! And, I feel like the people of Marvel have been stepping up their game, as opposed to DC. {Not really a fan of Justice League, let's be real.}
Reese Witherspoon without a single doubt! I've binge watched her movies - actually watching Legally Blonde for the hundredth time while writing this post - and her speeches are more than inspiring!
Benedict Cumberbatch! Love him to bits and him portraying Sherlock Holmes is seriously perfection! And that accent? To die for!
I started so many this year that, I basically just lost count! There are so many more that I want to watch but, there's just no time left. I'm completely overwhelmed actually! But, my all time favorites for this year were Psych and Sherlock! Both categorize as Crime but, one is more on the Comedy side and the other is more on the Drama side! I'll probably never get enough of them!
This one's pretty predictable but, there's a twist to it. Reading has been my favorite thing to do since I can remember myself but, I recently - meaning two years ago - took up dancing and I'm absolutely loving it. Salsa/Latin to be exact and I'm addicted! I've definitely taken it a bit more seriously this year so, I just thought I'd mention it because I'm making some progress folks! No longer ready to faint after a couple of spins!

That was it for this year's favorites guys! Hope you enjoyed reading it and learned a bit more about me!

You can leave any question you have for me in the comments below! Hope you're all having a wonderful Holiday Season!

Until the next post,


Comments

  1. So cool that you made this post! Uprooted is SO GOOD! And Hogwarts will be an all time favorite .. <3

    Love posts like this! I actually created a Yearly Recap - Meme :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really loved Uprooted and will probably never stop talking about it! :D Wish there was a sequel though!

      Delete
    2. I found this one of the books that ended so statisfactionally so I didn't need an sequel. But I can understand why you'd like to see one, it's just a great book that should never end!

      Delete
    3. It definitely had a satisfying ending but, the world was so magical that I wish there was more of it. It was beautifully written and everything came together perfectly at the end!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and commenting!