Monthly Blog Wrap-Up - June 2017

Welcome to another monthly reading wrap-up, here at Book Lady's Reviews! June wasn't the best month, where everything is concerned really, not just reading wise. The whole job thing didn't really work out and I've lost count of how many CVs I've handed out during the past couple of weeks! Apart from that, exam results were kind of shitty to say the least and overall, you could say that I'm kind of disappointed...

And I can not, for the life of me, find a book that I'm actually in the mood to read! Any recommendations? I really need something to blow my mind and anything you guys have immensely enjoyed would be more than helpful!

With that being said, I hope you find this post helpful and click on anything that might interest you! I'm pretty sure everything's going to be alright so, just have to be patient!

*The Daemoniac {Dominion Mysteries #1} By Kat Ross
Rating: 🎈🎈🎈🎈
Would I recommend it? 

Definitely! I cannot begin to express how impressed I was when I started reading! fell in love with it and could not get enough! I was not expecting to enjoy it so much and I cannot recommend it enough! Especially if you love mysteries! Stay tuned for a review!

*Poison Study {Study Series #1} By Maria V. Snyder
Rating: 🎈🎈🎈🎈🎈
Would I recommend it?

I think you guys have gotten tired of me talking about this series and how much I love it so, we're just going to move on! This is a re-read by the way!
*Deep Down {Lockhart Brothers #1} By Brenda Rothert
Rating: 🎈🎈🎈🎈
Would I recommend it?

Yes! I think this is the perfect read for fans of dark NA novels! It deals with some very serious topics in the best way possible and I really enjoyed reading it. It was very unique and different from what I've read in a while so, if you enjoy these sort of books, I'd definitely recommend it!

*The Sea of Tranquility By Katja Millay
Rating: 🎈🎈🎈🎈🎈
Would I recommend it?

Another re-read that I cannot get enough of! Cannot recommend it enough guys, it's amazing! The writing is beautiful, the plot heartbreaking and redemptive at the same time so, what are you waiting for?!

*Chance At Redemption {Madison Square #3} By Samatha Harris
Rating: 🎈🎈ᐩ
Would I recommend it?

Not really...I didn't really enjoy this book and found the main character super annoying and could not connect with her whatsoever. I'm very sad to say that, it's one of the least enjoyable books I've read in a while.
*Deep Down {Lockhart Brothers #1} By Brenda Rothert
*Chance At Redemption {Madison Square #3} By Samatha Harris
*Letters to the Lost By Brigid Kemmerer
*Poison Study {Study Series #1} By Maria V. Snyder
I have no idea! I've lost count of how many books I picked up and just wasn't interested in finishing. Any recommendations?

I was actually thinking about posting short reviews on DNFed books and explaining why they didn't work out for me so, if you'd be interested in something like that, make sure to let me know in the comments.

*Don't forget to check out the
posts of the month:
*Also, make sure to check out June's 
*And, lastly, one of my favorite things to post
Hope you guys found this post helpful! Until the next one,

Comments

  1. I know what you mean about trying to find a book you're in the mood to read. I try to mix up genres--for instance, I read a few quick and fun middle grade books, then I read an adult clean romance, then a contemporary YA and it kept me very interested. Have you read Caraval yet? i loved it. I also read Daughter of a Pirate King and loved it too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was just thinking about ordering Caraval actually but, I'm not really sure whether I'll enjoy it since I'm not a huge fan of books with that particular setting. I might just pick up Daughter of the Pirate King though! It was one of my most anticipated releases and it sounds so interesting!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and commenting!