Take This Regret By A.L. Jackson {REVIEW}


There are some mistakes we make that we will regret for the rest of our lives. For Christian Davison, it was the day he betrayed Elizabeth Ayers. For five years, Christian has regretted the day he walked away from his family and will do anything to win them back. Can Elizabeth forgive someone who has committed the unforgiveable? Or are there some wounds that go so deep they can never heal?

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


Take this regret tells the story of Elizabeth and Christian.A story about family,choices,mistakes and the consequences that come after.About how the smallest things can affect people in the worst way.Old mistakes always come back to haunt us...We regret the choices we made,especially the ones that led to those mistakes.But sometimes,it's too late.Sometimes,forgiveness isn't given as easily as we had hoped.And even if we realize that what we did was wrong,even if we want to change it and make it better...we just come to the conclusion that nobody can go back in time.If that was the case,nobody would make mistakes,the world would be a perfect place and people wouldn't be defined by the difficulties they overcame.Because truth be told,moving on from something that broke and shattered you will make you stronger.You won't forget it but you'll definitely learn from it and you'll be prepared for the next time life throws something bad your way.

That's the only way I can explain this book and its uniqueness without giving anything about what happens away.Because spoilers will just destroy the experience of reading this beautiful and heartbreaking story that will surely affect you and make you realize some really important things you might have not thought of before.

Firstly,we have Christian who made a terrible mistake.He has lived with that mistake for the past five years and when he realizes that he wants back what he let go,he asks for forgiveness.But he has to earn it and fight for it.Which he does and in a way,finds himself in the process.While I was reading the book I kept thinking what I would do if I were Elizabeth.And I seriously couldn't decide.I still can't actually!I really admired Elizabeth for making it that far and moving on and yes,I did hate Christian for giving up on her.It was a cowardly move and on the one hand,I would forgive him after a while and give him another chance but on the other hand,I wouldn't.And that is because I was so angry when he made his decision and when he kept telling himself that Elizabeth didn't need him.Of course she needed him but,he was always making excuses and denying things.

Secondly,we have Elizabeth and what she did in the end.I could understand why but it just broke my heart and made me think of how everything we do affects other people.In a positive way or in a negative way.Which happens a lot in this book.Last but not least,we have the secondary characters who were really supportive and played a big part in the development of the story.They kept the main characters sane for the majority of the time,gave useful advice and helped by just being there.It just shows how important the support of family and friends is.They make you stronger and you feel like you can conquer the world if you have them by your side!

I can't explain what I felt while reading this book so I'm not gonna try to.It was just this roller coaster of emotions with a satisfying and happy ending which really cheered me up.It was such a different and unique story with two main characters I fell in love from the beginning.It was terrifying,unpredictable and it nearly gave me a heart attack.Seriously...So many things happened and I was always on edge.I couldn't predict what happened even if I tried.The plot was unique and I don't think I've read something like it before which made it even more enjoyable.It was also realistic and believable which is always a plus.And let's not forget about the perfect writing!

Take This Regret was heartbreaking,sad,terrifying,wonderful...the list goes on and on.A beautifully written story with a deeper meaning that I think everyone will enjoy!It's one of those unforgettable journeys you experience while reading a book and I think it is worth remembering!Highly recommend!

Comments