Mini Review - The Dark Lady By Irene Adler (Sherlock,Lupin & Me #1)


While on summer vacation, little Irene Adler meets a young William Sherlock Holmes. The two share stories of pirates and have battles of wit while running wild on the sunny streets and rooftops. When Sherlock's friend, Lupin, joins in on the fun, they all become fast friends. But the good times end abruptly when a dead body floats ashore on the nearby beach. The young detective trio will have to put all three of their heads together to solve this mystery.





This was such a quick and fun read.It's obviously a children's book but I love anything Sherlock Holmes related so I had to read it.I just wanted to write a mini review of sorts and tell you guys what I thought about it.  

The Dark Lady combines the childhoods of Sherlock Holmes,Arsene Lupin and Irene Adler.The book was translated from Italian if I remember correctly but unfortunately the rest of the books in the series haven't been translated yet.I was really excited when I started reading this book and finished it in a couple of hours.It was such a quick,light and enjoyable read.I think it is perfect for younger kids.It doesn't mean that older people can't read it though.Especially if they're as fascinated by anything Sherlock Holmes related as I am.

The story was really interesting and unpredictable.The ending seriously messed with my head because I didn't expect it at all.The mystery surrounding the story was also something I loved as well as the characters.I fell in love with them from the beginning and I seriously need to read a book about Lupin or Arsene Lupin.He is described as the Sherlock Holmes of crime and I can't wait to learn more about him.Another thing I loved was the fact that this book piqued my interest from the beginning and made me wanna learn more about the characters and their lives.I never bothered researching stuff while reading a book but in this case...I did.Really refreshing!

This was such an exciting quick read.Really intriguing and unpredictable plot.A great story and a perfect mystery.Can't wait for the rest of the books!

Comments