The Boy Who Sneaks in My Bedroom Window By Kirsty Moseley

From Goodreads:

Amber Walker and her older brother, Jake, have an abusive father. One night her brother's best friend, Liam, sees her crying and climbs through her bedroom window to comfort her. That one action sparks a love/hate relationship that spans over the next eight years.

Liam is now a confident, flirty player who has never had a girlfriend before. Amber is still emotionally scarred from the abuse she suffered at the hands of her father. Together they make an unlikely pair.

Their relationship has always been a rocky one, but what happens when Amber starts to view her brother's best friend a little differently? And how will her brother, who has always been a little overprotective, react when he finds out that the pair are growing closer? Find out in The Boy Who Sneaks In My Bedroom Window.






I've seen this book around a couple of times and I was really curious to read it and see what it was about.And I shouldn't have.I really think that for me,this book was the disappointment of the year.I started reading it and I was really enjoying it.Until a certain point when everything just crumbled into the ground and I was almost ready to stop reading.I started reading with the hope of loving this book because it seemed really interesting.It seemed like another one of those touching and beautiful stories that I seem to really enjoy lately.

First of all,I felt like the characters weren't well developed and the writing could've been a lot better.It really felt like the author went into the whole abuse thing without knowing what an abused person goes through.She didn't explain Amber's feelings and I felt that Amber wasn't as developed as she should be as the main character.I think the author paid more attention to other things that she shouldn't.

I liked Liam as a character but then I didn't.He was a really disturbing character and maybe that's too much but it's the only way I can describe him.I would've liked to learn more about him but it seemed like from a certain part and after...everything was about the two main characters making out and nothing else.And then some twists were thrown in there as well and that was it.I found the ending to be a bit rushed...like really rushed.Everything that happened was bad and then it was like a miracle happened and every single problem the characters had was solved.

While reading The Boy Who Sneaks in My Bedroom Window,I felt no connection with the characters.They weren't likable and as I've said before,the character development wasn't satisfying.If there was any.I usually really enjoy books like this but this one was just a disappointment for me.I found the writing to be...not bad but not good either.I found the story to be a bit unrealistic even for me and let's just face it.The book had a lot of mistakes.It felt like they published this book just for the sake for publishing it.The plot was okay but after a while,it stopped existing.And I can't understand why it has such a high rating on Goodreads.I mean come on.

Last thing I want to say is that this one started as a Wattpad story.And I love reading Wattpad stories.And right now I have to admit that I'm obsessed with Wattpad stories.And I think this one should've stayed there.I'm not saying this because I heard someone talking about this book being a Wattpad story.I discovered another book of the same author there that is being published as well and say the book I'm reviewing right now.And I don't want to be mean but I've read more than enough Wattpad stories to know that there are many who are worth being published.I've read stories with amazing plots,characters and writing.I think this particular one should've stayed there.Not trying to be mean or offend anyone so please don't take it that way.I'm probably really expressive while writing this review because I was really disappointed.




Comments