Fear of Falling By S.L. Jennings {REVIEW}

From Goodreads:

I can’t remember the last time I felt completely safe. Security seemed more like a luxury to me, reserved for those who were fortunate enough to have picture perfect childhoods. For those who didn’t bear the ugly scars that keep me bound in constant, debilitating fear. I’ve run from that fear my entire life. But when I met him, for once, I couldn’t run anymore.

He scared the hell out of me in a way that excited every fiber of my being. It wasn’t the tattoos or the piercings. It wasn’t the warmth that seemed to radiate from his frame and blanket me whenever he was near. It was just…him. The scary beautiful man that threatened to alter 23 years of routine and rituals, and make me face my crippling fear.

My name is Kami and I am constantly afraid. And the thing that scares me the most is the very thing I want.



As you guys must've realized by now,I have a thing for NA books lately and of course...when I discovered Fear of Falling...I couldn't resist.I had to read it.I think that everyone who reads the description,will want to read the book.Because I'm a sucker for books with descriptions that intrigue me.And this one did.

Kami's life was never easy.Her childhood wasn't easier either.Her father became her nightmare and her mother became the woman who abandoned her when she needed her most.So now,Kami is more broken than ever,afraid to feel and afraid to let someone love her...or return that love...



Two hundred fifty-three reasons why I couldn't let Blaine love me.
And then,there's Blaine.The sexy and hot guy that tries to break her walls down but Kami can't accept his love.


I couldn’t let myself believe it. I couldn’t feel it. Bad things happened when I let myself feel. There was ugliness in love, at least for me there was.
But Blaine wasn't going to let Kami go.He needed her and she needed him.But will she realize that before it's too late?Will she trust Blaine to catch her when she falls?


You don’t have to be afraid of falling. Just close your eyes, let go, and know that I’ll always be here with arms outstretched, ready to catch you.

Fear of Falling is such an emotional and beautiful story.The writing made it even more interesting because the author's writing was amazing!It made everything more real and...true.There were some awesome lines/quotes that I loved but I couldn't add all of them.The characters were of course amazing and it was so easy to understand what they went through and connect with them.Even though they weren't perfect and they had flaws,especially Kami...they were both strong and I fell in love with them from the beginning.Kami was a bit frustrating sometimes and I really wanted to scream at her but...it was completely understandable.After all she went through,it wasn't easy to let go and just be happy.Blaine was an amazing character and even though he looked like a bad ass on the outside...on the inside he was a sweetheart.He was patient and truly cared for Kami.It was obvious that he loved her.He had his own problems as well and he went through bad stuff too...but he was always there for Kami and I loved that.

Let's talk about the rest of the characters.I loved Angel and Dom and I would love to read more about them.I hope the author does something about that!They were amazing and the way they were described made me love them even more.I loved them and their personalities and I'd love it if I had friends like them.They always supported Kami.They were there for her and they were the only ones that cared.They supported each other and that's what made me love them even more.

Last thing I want to talk about,is the ending.The last couple of chapters really messed with my head and the heartbreaking things that happened messed with my heart.I was shocked and sad and angry and just...I was feeling things while I was reading those chapters and it was like a roller coaster of emotions.The ending was of course amazing and I was so happy that the characters finally realized they were made for each other and had their happily ever after!

This was such an amazing book and I think it needs a sequel...I'd love to learn more about Dom and Angel and maybe get a glimpse at Kami and Blaine's new life together!

Comments