The Truth About Forever By Sarah Dessen {REVIEW}

From Goodreads:

Macy's summer stretches before her, carefully planned and outlined. She will spend her days sitting at the library information desk. She will spend her evenings studying for the SATs. Spare time will be used to help her obsessive mother prepare for the big opening of the townhouse section of her luxury development.

But Macy's plans don't anticipate a surprising and chaotic job with Wish Catering, a motley crew of new friends, or...Wes. Tattooed, artistic, anything-but-expected Wes. He doesn't fit Macy's life at all--so why does she feel so comfortable with him? So...happy? What is it about him that makes her let down her guard and finally talk about how much she misses her father, who died before her eyes the year before?


I've been meaning to pick up one of Sarrah Dessen's books for a long time and finally decided to do so.I just went ahead and picked up The Truth About Forever because it intrigued me and I really wanted to see what it was about.And of course,I'm gonna pick up more of her books since I loved the way she writes.This was the perfect summer read and if you like contemporary summer reads...well,what are you waiting for?

First of all,the plot and the characters were amazing.Everything was so real and touching,and I really enjoyed reading about Macy and her life.The choices she had to make,and the difficulties she had to face to become herself made her one of the bravest characters.She's a kick ass character in her own unique way and that's what matters.When her father dies,her life becomes a bit complicated.Trying to be perfect isn't easy and she knows it.But,the summer before her senior year,she meets a new group of friends that make her learn how to live again.She spends time with them and realizes that she has to start living her life again.She realizes that,being perfect doesn't stop the world from being a crazy and unpredictable place.

I also loved the fact that this wasn't one of those books where the girl and the boy fall in love immediately after they meet.Watching their relationship go one step further every time was really interesting and intriguing.It felt real and I really liked that.I also loved the rest of the characters and their personalities.Except maybe Macy's mother...and her boyfriend...and of course those annoying girls from the library.But...every book has some annoying and frustrating characters in it.

So,I really enjoyed reading The Truth About Forever.But it took me a while to get into it.That's probably why I gave it four stars.Once I really got into it I realized that it was much easier to read and from there,I just kept on reading!Way to go!I will pick up more of Sarah Dessen's books and see what happens.I hope I'll enjoy them as much as I enjoyed this one!


 

Comments