The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater

I had great expectations about this book...I really did.And I wanted to like it but it seems that Maggie Stiefvater's books just don't work out for me.

Scorpio Races is basically about a girl whose name is Puck and she basically needs money to survive.Then we have Sean whose father was killed in the Scorpio Races.Now,the Scorpio Race is kinda like some deadly and dangerous competition where everyone who enters has to capture a sea or water or whatever you want to call it horse,train it and try to win.
But it's not that easy because people get killed.Sean is determined to win the Scorpio Races and Puck enters because she wants the money.Her parents died and she was left alone with two brothers.So she basically enters the competition for them.

First of all,it takes a while for the story and the relationship between the characters to like...build.It takes a while actually for the characters to become familiar with each other.And that's just frustrating.I have to admit that the plot was really interesting but it just didn't work out for me like it did with other people.I was really annoyed.A book with a title like the Scorpio Races should be about some Scorpio Races.Instead the whole race thing gets only one chapter.And the rest of the book was about getting ready for the races and the whole training thing which wasn't that necessary if you ask me.The thing that annoyed me most of all was the end.Like seriously?I thought there was going to be a sequel about the two of them doing something extraordinary and meeting new people.Then,I would get the chance to like it more but no...There's not a sequel.This is just a stand alone.Like that's okay....

Rating:<3<3<3

You can also find this review here:http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/550303695

Comments