Scarlet by A.C.Gaughen-Book 1-Scarlet

I just finished reading this book and I'm so so happy.The story was amazing and even though there are many different movies and all that kind of stuff that tell Robin's story...this one was different.The story is told from Scarlet's perspective and that's what fascinated me.I started reading it at night and I really couldn't stop reading.And then it was like two in the morning when I finally stopped daydreaming....came back to the present and went to sleep.But then I couldn't even stop thinking about Scarlet and Robin and when I woke up I just had to finish the freaking book...And I'm really glad I did.

Scarlet is the retelling of Robin Hood and I personally love Robin Hood.So it was no wonder I liked Scarlet.Anyway in the book Scarlet is actually a boy in disguise who belongs in Rob's band of thieves...with John,Much and of course Robin.So Scarlet has a past one that comes back to chase her from London.Specifically a thief taker she was going to marry but ran away from,is trying to find her by accepting the job of finding and executing all sorts of thieves.Scarlet battles with her past while trying to decide what she wants to do with the future.She starts falling in love with Rob but her treats her like he hates her...especially when he sees her with John.They steal for rich people to give to the poor and it is later revealed that Scar is actually Marian.When Robin learns that Marian was intended to marry the thief taker...he is very angry and that results in him treating her like shit.But after a lot of obstacles and Scarlet marrying Gisbourne to save Rob....in the end love wins and these two surrender to each other...give their hearts for love and swear to make things right and be free one day.
And I don't have to tell you that this is my favorite book.And I loved Scar.And I also won't have to tell you that I can't wait for the second book.But either the title nor the cover and the date that it is going to be released are known and that's really frustrating.I loved the writing and the plot was awesome.But the characters were those who fascinated me most.Oh yeah and Robin and Scar are amazing for each other.Anyway if anyone hasn't already read this book....well you should.Because it's amazing.And you're missing things.A book full of adventure,action,lies and all that kind of stuff that makes a book successful.

Rating:<3<3<3<3<3 (WHAT ELSE????)

P.S. LOOKING AT THE FREAKING AWESOME COVER MAKES ME WANT TO CRY!!!!

You can also find this review here: http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/491394901

Comments